To participate in the 2018 video challenge complete the following steps by May 23, 2018, 11:59 pm EST. Be sure to review the Challenge and the Video Requirements before starting the submission process.
Step 1: Upload Video
Upload your video to YouTube with the following settings:
Basic Settings tab: (help):
- The video is set to "Public"
- Description field states: Entry for the 2018 RCSB PDB Video Challenge "Mechanisms of Bacterial Resistance to Beta-lactam Antibiotics"
Advanced settings tab (help):
- Comments: uncheck boxes Allow comments, and Users can view ratings for this video
- License and rights ownership: choose Standard YouTube License
- Syndication: choose Everywhere
- Distribution: check Allow embedding
- Category: choose Education
- Your video must remain online through at least June 10th. Videos removed prior to that date will be disqualified
- Your video should not use any YouTube-native enhancements (e.g., audio, annotation, hyperlinks)
Have the link to your video available when you are ready to submit the Registration Form.
Step 2: Submit Parent Permission Forms
Download and complete the necessary forms:
- Parent Permission Form - one for each Team Member to be signed by a parent/guardian
- Actor Release Form - one for each actor (including voice) appearing in the video, who is NOT a team member, regardless of whether they are minors or over the age 18
Scan or photograph the forms and:
- Share them with firstname.lastname@example.org through your Google drive (prefered)
- Email your form to email@example.com
You can put all of your team's forms in one folder, or one PDF document. You may also fax the forms to 732-445-4320.
Step 3: Register your entry for the challenge
Fill in the Registration Form.
Register for the Challenge
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.