2021 Video Challenge for High School Students
Step 1: Upload Video
Upload your video to YouTube with the following settings:
1. Upload Video dialog box, Details tab (see Settings 1 image for help):
- Video Title: The title of your video (should represent the video's story)
- Description: Entry for the 2021 RCSB PDB Video Challenge for High School Students "Molecular Mechanisms of Drugs for Mental Disorders"
- Audience: Is this video made for kids? (required): Choose No, it's not made for kids
2. Upload Video dialog box, Details tab, More Options dropdown (see Settings 2 image for help):
- Paid promotion: Be sure to leave the box This video contains paid promotion like a product placement or endorsement unchecked
- Language, subtitles, and closed captions (CC): We encourage you to add closed captions to your video to make it more accessible. The challenge winners will be required to send us a document containing the video narration/dialogues along with their video file.
- License and distribution: choose Standard YouTube License and check the box Allow embedding
- Category: choose Education
- Comments and ratings: Choose Disable comments and uncheck Show how many viewers like and dislike this video
3. Upload Video dialog box, Visibility tab (see Settings 3 image for help):
- Two options are available:
- If you choose the Publish Now option, choose Public from the options
- If you choose the Schedule option, set the Publish Date no later than April 28, 2020, 12:00 AM PST
Have the link to your video available when you are ready to submit the Registration Form.
Step 2: Prepare Permission Forms
Each Team Member fills in and has parent/guardian sign the Parent Permission Form. If you have actors/voice actors performing in the video who are not Team Members, they need to fill in and sign/have signed the Actor Release Form.
Scan or photograph the forms and save the files. You can combine all of your team's forms into one PDF document.
Step 3: Submit Registration Form
Choose the appropriate option, depending whether you submit your video using your Google email or different email.
I have a Google account
I don't have a Google account
|Log into your Google account to complete the Registration Form. Upload the necessary forms when prompted.||Email necessary forms to email@example.com, and then complete the Registration Form.|
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.