Molecule of the Month: Calcium Pump
Atomic structures have captured the calcium pump in action
The Pumping Cycle
Exploring the Structure
This picture was created with RasMol. You can create similar pictures by clicking on the PDB accession codes and picking one of the options for 3D viewing.
Related PDB-101 Resources
- Browse Cellular Signaling
- Browse You and Your Health
- Browse Drugs and the Brain
- A. G. Lee and J. M. East (2001) What the structure of a calcium pump tells us about its mechanism. Biochemical Journal 356, 665-683.
- D. H. MacLennan, W. J. Rice and N. M. Green (1997) The mechanism of Ca2+ transport by sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPases. Journal of Biological Chemistry 272, 28815-28818.
March 2004, David Goodsellhttp://doi.org/10.2210/rcsb_pdb/mom_2004_3